Congratulations on your desire to do more to benefit the children in your community!
There are several ways to get involved with Bikes for Tykes®:
Donate your time — see Volunteer below
Donate a bicycle — Find a Local Chapter
Make a financial contribution — Click above or visit our Donate Now page
Volunteer Virtually — We need your help!
Help every child in America own a bike through volunteering your expertise. We want to grow into a nationally recognized brand and organization.
Areas of expertise we can use your help:
- Public Relations
- HTML / website related
- Web 2.0 support – Twitter, Facebook
- Legal matters – copyright, intellectual property
- Adobe – creating forms and documents
If you can help with any of these areas, please contact us!
Help Refurbish Bikes Locally
There are over 100 Bikes for Tykes® organizations around the county with more every year. From time to time, someone will start a local chapter only to have it wither due to lack of volunteers.
You do not need to have mechanical skills to help! If you have opposing thumbs, or at least a great attitude, you can add value to your local Bikes for Tykes®.
You can find a local Bikes for Tykes® here.
Organize a Special Event
One group, Harley Davidson of Naples Florida, has been supporting the local Naples chapter for over 10 years.
There are many special events that could use Bikes for Tykes:
- Any kind of bicycle rally or race
- Health awareness event – riding bicycles is healthy whether you are a child or not. This is especially true with the increase in Child Onset Diabetes.
- Any event that involves children
- Annual company meeting
- Motorcycle rallies or run
Be Legendary, our corporate partner, organizes special events for corporations in which participants build new bicycles and give them to children who arrive onsite to receive them. The participants and the children do not know they will be meeting in person to everyone’s surprise!
Read more about this special event.
If you are interested in organizing a special event, please contact us!
Start a Bikes for Tykes® Chapter
No Bikes for Tykes® in your area, start one! This may feel like a daunting task, but all it takes is desire to give back to the children locally and you will find the rest falls into place.
Skip Riffle, Executive Director of Bikes for Tykes® will help walk you through the steps and teach you every trick he knows to help you:
- Get the local chapter set up,
- Get bikes donated,
- Get the community involved,
- Hold community events and
- Everything else you need to know to begin giving bicycles away in your community.
Contact us for more information!